Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Things Discussed at Round Table

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator

Things Discussed at Round Table Empty
PostSubject: Things Discussed at Round Table   Things Discussed at Round Table Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Sorry for the tardiness in this...

Trait Spends for Gifts: Unless otherwise stated by the gift being used, your trait spend limits for gifts are now 4 + Your PC's Rank. Example: A Cub (Rank Zero) would only be able to spend 4 traits to activate a Gift, while a Fostern (Rank Two) would be able to spend 6.
This is a heads up - this is a thing now. As of our game on 5/6/2012, this ruling will be in effect.

Shooting from the Hip: A few ideas were kicked around for this. I don't think that such a small trait increase for difficulty is sufficient. Here are some of the ideas we heard:

- A challenge for a rite done 'from the hip' must be outright won (rite caster loses on ties)
- There is a forced retest for anyone 'shooting from the hip.'
- STs disallow any rites to be performed that aren't actually known by the character.

I'll take some input on this before we make a solid decision. Keep in mind, these are potentially your tribal secrets/resources being doled out! :)

Tribe-Specific Rites

Tribal rites can only be taught by a member of the appropriate tribe. Some Coggie teach you the Rite of Comfort? You can't teach it to others. Period. Effective 5/6/2012

Keeping Up w/ the Jonses

If we don't allow it in this game, we may still allow it for purposes of travel. Come talk to us, and we'll figure stuff out.
Effective 5/6/2012

Sheet Refresh

I've seen neighboring games institute this recently - is it something players would like to see in UaEM?

Silver

There is a stigma attached with carrying it, unless you are wielding a klaive. Prepare to face IC consequences (and mechanical ones, as it will start to affect the Gnosis of both you and your pack) if you're hauling it around. This should have always been in effect; we're simply encouraging players to treat Garou carrying silver as they should be treated.

Warning: We're looking at the deadliness of silver. Could be some new rules in regards to this material coming soon. :)

Comments/Questions/Concerns? Please feel free to discuss here!

Back to top Go down
https://eeriemoon.forumotion.com
Rizzo

Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Things Discussed at Round Table   Things Discussed at Round Table Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:09 am

I like the idea of sheet refreshes. At least for abilities. It seems silly to stop being good at something all of a sudden. And that's what abilities represent. Being good enough at something that it's less likely you'll be able to fail at it.

I don't like shooting from the hip at all, I'd honestly enjoy it just being dropped outright. But if that can't be agreed on by most, the other downsides would at least make it unlikely enough to not be as bad as it's been abused before. Maybe spirit notoriety for those who fail.

I like Keeping Up w/ the Jonses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Discussed at Round Table   Things Discussed at Round Table Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:31 am

Dear Admin and Players,

The Googledoc for the house rules has been updated to reflect these changes. Hard copies have not yet (because paper is expensive and the college offers me a few thousand a semester. They will be printed at school.)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Discussed at Round Table   Things Discussed at Round Table Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:41 am

Also note that there were minor grammar changes throughout (to catch awkwardly phrased sentences).

Most notably this part in Gnosis expenditures:

Quote :
A character is limited to spending Gnosis only in one instance: for forcing fetish and talen activations. A character may only force one fetish or talen to activate per turn. This is an expenditure and therefore does not take an action.

There was confusion with the previous language where people thought that they were going to waste actions activation stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Discussed at Round Table   Things Discussed at Round Table Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things Discussed at Round Table
Page 1 of 1