Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)

Go down 
+7
Rizzo
Megedagik
Jan
Winters-White-Catastrophe
Runs Amok
Taker
Jacob
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jacob

Jacob

House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Please note that I didn't comment on the breakable nature of Spirit Charms, but on the availability of a background that was specifically disallowed in the past. By 'crazy powers', I mean Break Reality and Blast.
Back to top Go down
Jan

Jan

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:13 pm

What book is.numen in? I keep looking for it so i can read the rules on it but cannot find it.
Back to top Go down
Taker

Taker

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:24 pm

The conversion packet is not, to my knowledge, a binding document as it has not been passed through council.
Back to top Go down
Rizzo

Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:25 pm

It's in a book called Player's Guide to Garou.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:28 pm

You'll want to look in Player's Guide to Garou. Starting on page 169 are a number of Backgrounds (including Numen) you won't find in other resources. The section begins as such:

"The following Backgrounds tap more into the mystical side of Werewolf, and are certainly more esoteric than the usual distribution of Allies, Contacts and Resources. Due to their unusual nature, they are very much subject to Storyteller approval; a chronicle that focuses on a theme of random and senseless change would not benefit from the inclusion of a werewolf with the Fate Background, for instance."

I'll pm you with the Numen writeup. Don't wanna steer too far off the thread.
Back to top Go down
breathofwinterscalm

breathofwinterscalm

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 pm

I noticed that you have put more specific retests with several of the gifts. My question is that if you visit with a character and your home game uses say occult, when you use the same power in EM, will you accept the same retest or does that character's ability suffer if they do not possess the restest you have specified in EM?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:33 pm

There is nothing in the book that we could find that says "If a retest is not stated default to Occult". There would technically be no retest for those powers since nothing is listed. By that- it would be a house rule to use Occult (albeit, seemingly a widely accepted ruling, unless we over looked something in the published works).

We have to honor our house rules above the rules of a different game.

The retests stated for the gifts on the list are based on the dice pools in table top (Attribute + Ability/Talent/Knowledge).

We felt that this would A) Curb the need for all Garou to be Occultists (by the book wording on abilities 5 levels is a PHD...) and B) Give more bang for the buck in retests. If you use Occult for nearly half of all gifts, you run out of retests REALLY fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 pm

It's on page 117 of Laws of the Wild, near the middle: "Unless otherwise stated, Gifts may retest with the Occult Ability."

Though, I'm all for spreading out the retests. ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:43 pm

^What he said

I do support the house rule retests though. Besides the granted uses that the abilities give are pretty impressive. They really are more than just a pool of combat retests. Check out the Awareness ability sometime! Its better than a gift in my opinion =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Mea culpa. Thank you. We did apparently over look that passage.

Back to top Go down
givinggiftsthegiver

givinggiftsthegiver

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Per the house rules are you only allowed 1 retest per challenge when using the gift Desperate Strength?
Back to top Go down
http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a08/63/q4/russian
Victor Cranston

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 4:53 pm

^That is correct as per the current written rules, although, I've been told differently by staff members. Could the written rules for this gift be clarified in the houserules?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)   House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House Rules (Questions/Concerns/Etc.)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2